The French Press produces a thicker, oilier cup of coffee, containing some sediment. People prefer it because of its full flavor, full body, ease of use, hotter, and convenience. These instructions are for an 8- Cup (1L press).
- Grind 53 grams of coffee on Coarse Grind setting - should be similar to coarse rock salt.
- Add 125 grams of water.
- Bloom for 1 minute.
- Add up to 675 grams of water.
- Cover for 4 minutes, then plunge.
- No paper filter needed; uses a stainless steel mesh filter
- Uses the Immersion Method which produces a Heavy Bodied cup
- You retain all the coffee oils
- Easy to use, Common in many households
- Full flavor + Sediment