Cold Brew Guide
What you need
- 32oz Jar
- Reusable Cloth Filter
- 113 grams (4oz) Vigilante Beans (Ground coarsely
- 24oz (3 cups) Cold/Room Temp Filtered Water
- Place the cloth filter into the jar and add the coffee to the filter, leaving the top open.
- Apply 12oz of cold/room temp filtered water to the grounds.
- Stir the coffee making sure all the grounds are saturated.
- Tie the cloth filter bag closed and add the rest of the water. Ensuring all of the coffee has been evenly saturated.
- Allow to steep in your fridge for 16 – 18 hours.
- Remove the coffee including the filter from the jar. Feel free to use the grounds for your garden (it adds nitrogen to your plants) and make sure to save your filter! It's good for multiple uses. Rinse the filter of all used grounds and let it sit in water for a few hours to remove the coffee oils.
- You should yield around 18–20oz concentrate. Add 10oz filtered cold water to the coffee concentrate. Use a 1:3 water to cold brew concentrate ratio. Stir and sample the cold brew. You can always use less water for a stronger flavor so adjust to your liking!
- Pour over ice & enjoy!
Your cold brew will stay good for up to 5 days post brewing.