The AeroPress combines immersion brewing with filter brewing. This produces a clean, quick cup of coffee. The pressure from the plunge speeds up the extraction while still capturing the flavor from the initial bloom and by passing through a filter a nice clean cup.
- Grind 19 grams of coffee to a medium grind (should be similar to salt).
- Grab a filter and place it in the filter-holder. Rinse the filter with hot water to remove paper taste. Preheat mug.
- Attach the filter-holder (with wet micro-filter inside it) to the brewing chamber and place on top of catcher/mug.
- Add coffee grinds to brewing chamber using the funnel, then Tare scale.
- Start pour (and timer), gently adding water until you reach 80g.
- When time reaches 45 seconds, add the remaining water by pouring until the total weight reaches 310g (should take about 30 seconds).
- Add plunger to the top and slowly push down starting at 1:30 (finish time 2:30).
- Remove the filter holder from the bottom and push to discard used ground into the compost bin.
- Combines immersion brewing with filter brewing
- The pressure - speeds up extraction
- Has a quick brew time
- Clean taste with a slightly thicker, syrupy body
- Less oils in the cup thanks for the paper filter
- Many fun ways to experiment!
- With the use of the Prismo attachment you can Mimic Espresso
- Durable; great for camping, traveling & all types of adventures